Aqual-P is a modified zeolite that has been developed to absorb and retain nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus. The Scion technology takes the already highly-absorbent zeolite and modifies it using a benign polymer that markedly enhances its ability to absorb both nitrogen and phosphorus. The product can be applied to the surface of water where it mops up phosphorus as it sinks before settling on the bottom and acting as a sediment cap, locking in nutrients.
- Reduces N and P levels in water
- Can reduce the incidence of algal blooms
- Benign and non-reactive apart from with nutrients
- Can be applied to large-scale fresh water sources such as eutrophic lakes
Aqual-P can be used wherever nutrient levels in water are an issue and can be applied in broadcast or flow-through applications. Key potential applications include:
- Aquaculture: A management tool to control nutrient levels and algal biomass in intensive fishfarming.
- Waste water: A granular, powdered, or water dispersible granule form that can be applied to inline water treatment systems.
- Decorative ponds: Golf courses, subdivisions, and urban parks generally include water feature ponds – whether natural or man-made. These tend to accumulate local water courses carrying both nutrient rich sediment and soluble ions which produce algal problems. Aqual-P can be designed to remove nutrient from both the water body itself and also as a sediment-capping device giving both short-term and long-term results.
Target Cooperation Model
- IP development
Mr Peter Lai
KiwiNet, Independent Consultant/International Advisor