The PEFT Cell uses a highly efficient and cost-effective electrochemical process to disinfect water supplies, with low electricity costs and no chemical additives. The cell’s mode of action is summarized below:
- Production of chlorine from the chloride ions naturally present in water, which inactivates pathogens
- Production of a high voltage electric field (from low applied voltage), which disrupts the cell membranes of pathogens and enhances the lethality of chlorine
The PEFT Cell has a modular design and multiple modules can be connected to treat greater flows, meaning that the technology can be adapted to a range of applications.
- Uses predominantly green technologies
- A unique electrochemical cell for non-chemical water disinfection
- Alternative to salt chlorinators for disinfection of swimming pools, where the PEFT Cell can produce required chlorine levels with significantly lower chloride inputs.
- Disinfection of recycled water for hydroponics systems
- Disinfection of domestic household drinking water
- No need for any chemical additives
- Natural production of chlorine from incoming water supply
- Effective disinfection in low chlorine environments
- Lower power consumption, therefore a decreased running costs
- Safer and more environmentally friendly solution
The PEFT Cell technology can be used for the following applications:
- Water purification: efficient removal of iron and manganese and simultaneous elimination of bacteria for residential and commercial applications.
- Agriculture: Removal of dissolved metals, which can be harmful to the health and productivity of animals, from stock drinking water.
- Horticulture: Removal of dissolved metals to prevent precipitation and blockage of irrigation systems.
Target Cooperation Model
- Nonexclusive Licensing
- Exclusive Licensing
- Startup venture
Mr Peter Lai
KiwiNet, Independent Consultant/International Advisor